- Sewer Facility Plans
- Lift Station Design
- Lagoon Design
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Design
- Collection System Design
- Directional Boring
- Grease Trap Design
- Septic Tank & Drainfield design
- SCADA Control System Assistance
- Plans, Specifications and Bid Documents
- Bidding Process
- Project Administration
- Construction Inspection
City of Granger
In 2012, Spink Engineering headed up a team of engineers to complete a Comprehensive Sewer Facility Plan. This report included options and costs estimates for the upgrade of the wastewater treatment plant.
Spink Engineering secured the following funding for the City of Granger:
Block Grant $1,000,000
Ecology Grant $1,246,000
Ecology Loan $1,861,000
WWTP Upgrade Included:
- New Headworks with fine screen, automatic sampler and flow meter
- New Selector Tank with mixers
- New Aeration Basin with two mixing rotors controlled by dissolved oxygen probe
- New Drying Beds
- New Automatic Backup Generator
- New Maintenance Shop
- New SCADA control system
Coordinated Project with:
- City of Granger
- Department of Ecology Central Regional Office
- Department of Ecology Headquarters
- US Corps of Engineers
- Washington Department of Natural Resources
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Washington Office of Archeology and Historic Preservation
- US Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Yakima County
- Sunnyside Irrigation District
- Department of Commerce
Tank & Basin Excavation
Basin & Tank Construction
City of Mesa
In 1980, City of Mesa utilized SE & EEE for an engineering report and design & construction of collection system, 2 lift stations and an evaporative lagoon system.
In 1996, Mesa used SE & EEE to complete an engineering report funded by a $24,000 CDBG Planning-Only Grant.
A subsequent upgrade project included lift station upgrade, lagoon lining, wetland construction and a hydro geology report. SE attended bi-weekly council meeting to provide updates during planning, design & constructions phases.
- Coordination with public, City Council, Ecology, CDBG Staff & County
- Design considered cost of long term operation & maintenance costs.
- Lagoon Upgrade: remove bentonite liner and replace with HDPE liner.
- Design of constructed wetland – used site specific data/climate to determine cost effective treatment & disposal methods.
- Lift Station Upgrade: replace vacuum prime pumps with submersible pumps, install magnetic flow meter.
Design & Construction Funding
Franklin County $310,500
CDBG Construction Grant $560,000
Construction of sewer collection system south of I-82 with lift station and river crossing on SR 225 bridge over Yakima river.
- Lift Station with fiber glass wet well.
- Duplex submersible system.
- Sewer force main crosses river on SR 225 Bridge.
- Total Project Cost: $885,000
Lift Station Wetwell
Sewer Force Main Suspended on Bridge (Lower Pipe)
Upgrade existing lift station.
• Removal of vacuum prime pump
• Install new duplex submersible system
• New Magnetic Flow Meter
• Total Project Cost $100,000
BEFORE: Vacuum Prime pump columns with holes AFTER: Submersible pumps with Stainless Steel rails.